Acans look weird

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoeReefz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoeReefz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
34
Reaction score
8
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these Acans are relatively in the same spot in the tank but some seem to look better than the others, why could this be?

image.jpg
 
IDK. Looks normal to me, nothing weird here.
 
Oh I see that now. I would move them down to the sand to hopefully recover and then decide the next step. Obviously it’s nothing with the water so it must be the placement that it doesn’t like. That’s what I would figure anyway. Hope some one has other better suggestions. Good luck
 
3 things it could be too much light not likely. Too much flow in that area. Other thing it maybe the torch touches.
Torches/hammers have a sweeper tentacle that come out at night sometimes that is longer then there other tentacles usually adds a couple inches.
 
Top one definitly looks to be within torch range. Don’t trust torches. Somehow they will get their sweepers on things they can reach

Acans also are like blastos and like low light.

I would say moving lower would solve two potential issues - light and warfare. Moving lower would be my first move. I would be target feeding daily also to help with recovery
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new