Acanthestrea Echinata Losing Reds

  • Thread starter Thread starter RisqEM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RisqEM

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
10
Location
Phoenix AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My Acanthastrea Echinata is losing its red color. I’m wondering if it’s the lights or what it could be? All other corals are happy and growing.

The most recent photo is the bottom, and it’s in the center between the fish.

Thanks for any help or ideas.


20250829_141452_C34C0A84-F22B-4C86-9E14-0BAE5E5AAB47.png


20250829_141453_1112F7C8-AA89-4E3C-B36E-A03E5DE88E98.png
 
Corals sometimes change colors in response to different lighting conditions. Your Acan looks healthy; I wouldn't worry about it unless you really like the red/orange coloration
 
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Mine dulled out when I first got it as it came from a super high light tank, I have since upped my lighting and its getting closer to what ot was when I bought it. Most corals will change to some extent based on lighting but I feel like this is extra common with LPS
 
Thanks guys, I appreciate it! Everything else is happy and healthy, and I love the red, but I’ll take a healthy coral over my color preference. Makes sense though, about corals just changing sometimes, as I’ve got a little war paint scolly who’s red is as vibrant as ever!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new