Accel aquatics biopellet reactor problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike7744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike7744

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
403
Reaction score
183
Location
Wareham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new accel aquatics biopellet reactor, 3 weeks old. Just looked at it this morning and all the pellets are clumped in at the bottom. I'm putting 800 gph in to it, they were tumbling perfectly when I set it up. I have the large model on a 150 gal tank what can I do to fix this. Any ideas do I need to up the gallons per hour? I am putting in it. I am already well above the recommended pump size.
Thanks
 
Is that made by Accel?
 
Is that made by Accel?
I took out half the biopellets, rinsed everything off set the other half out to dry, put everything back together and it is running fine. I think I had too much in there to start used 3 cups for 150 gallons.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new