Accelerated coral growth tricks.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish arent photosynthetic. Seems obvious, but we have people on the forum that think $800 reef lights have lighting modes that are healthier for fish vs cheaper lights.

I've experimented with every possible parameter for paly/growth and it comes down to low competition environments in terms of nuisance algae along with moderate or elevated nutrient environments. Lighting is lighting.

Lighting periods with SPS is established science. Brighter photo periods equal shorter photo periods, and vice versa. Theres of course a biological limit to the extremes of this.

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whilst I agree with the logic and principles, I guess my question is, have u seen notable or significant growth on the corals?

With regards to the fish, has having 2 lighting cycles in 24 hours affected them by confusing or stressing them as it's like having 2 days in 1 day?

iberacuario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE = "ReeferB28, publicación: 7724751, miembro: 56384"]
Bueno, si te refieres a 2 ciclos de fotoperíodo en 1 día,
Entonces sí. Se llama el ciclo "4 en 8 apagado". Los resultados variarán debido a muchas variables diferentes, es decir; parámetros, iluminación, flujo, etc. Mi sugerencia para usted es experimentar primero porque sus resultados pueden variar de los de otra persona.
De hecho, pronto estableceré un par de tanques de engorde aquí, y documentaré todo el proceso y compartiré mis resultados.
[/ CITAR]
Yes i will experiment with this method
I just wanted to ask if someone has had good results
My corals, I think, grow well, but maybe I can improve their growth

iberacuario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whilst I agree with the logic and principles, I guess my question is, have u seen notable or significant growth on the corals?

With regards to the fish, has having 2 lighting cycles in 24 hours affected them by confusing or stressing them as it's like having 2 days in 1 day?
That is also an important part
It is necessary to watch that the fish are well

OP
OP
ReeferB28

ReeferB28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Again, this entire thing was based on "experimental Environmental science ". There are no "exacts" in this hobby, but a general operating area. We can sit here all day debating about parameters, etc. It was solely observed that when optimizing peak sunlight, ie; 4 hours of peak lighting followed by 8 hours of darkness, and then again followed by the same photo period, there was accelerated growth observed. I previously failed to mention, that this information is from the early 2000s, and the book from 2010 or something.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back