Acclimating my QT fish back into the DT

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the day is getting closer! I will be putting my QT fish back where they belong. Probably Saturday.

Am I correct in assuming I acclimate them the same way I do a new fish? A slow drip from the DT?
If so, I have 2 options and I don't know if it even matters except I want to minimize their stress level and mine! Since the ick started after a stressful issue I need to minimize that t the MAX!

#1)
I drain the QT (20gallon) to lets say 4" or the PVC pip level then drip the DT a slow drip like 1.5gallons gallons over to 2 hrs? then transfer them back into the DT.

OR

#2)
(the more stressful way I think)
Move fish w/QT water into a smaller bucket like a new fish and drip into the bucket?
The water will be less in the bucket so matching the water would be easier, and I wont have to add as much to DT which will be a challenge in matching that after the drip and the QT.
BUT, then I'm moving the fish from QT to Bucket to DT..that's 3X's moving.
Dripping QT then I move them directly into DT is what I'm thinking...
However it will be a LOT of water to match while empting the DT which will need to be re matched again! See my point?
Suggestions?

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I like it because its simple and less stress AND, it makes perfect sense! Just another one of those 2 answer to every question in this hobby! But this seems like my best option! I will probably do it this way. My ph and salinity are close and temp need a bit adjusting but that should be easy enough...Thanks Humblefish, you haven't steered me wrong yet!

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL NO worries, I was trying to post a video of my DT and I couldn't so I copied the link from Facebook and I didn't realize it would take you to my Facebook account so you can disregard and Ill try to post the video another way.. Maybe on youtube..

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here is the link to my DT which my 3 remaining guys will be going back into this weekend.

Hop this works

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Some very nice looking corals. Is that a Pipe Organ I see?

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is! and thank you! I want to get a green one as well but as you can see I got a bit carried away and now I have to wait till my upgrade. I started out wanting mostly fish but I love the reef and the inverts just as much! I have 2 tiny baby snails that were born in my tank! And I think I found anther yesterday on the glass. It is so tiny its hard to see but it has the antennas and it is sliding across the glass n the same manner.. I love when I see new life I didn't put there!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pipe Organ is one of my fav corals! ;)

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back