Achtung! WWC Fragtoberfest LIVE SALE! Come join us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tyler P.
Lights just came on. New build that's been waiting a few months for some good coral!

Looking sweet so far! Good on you for taking it slow! We'll do our best to help you out :)

Are you looking for anything in particular? I might be able to let you know what we've got coming...

Lemec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking sweet so far! Good on you for taking it slow! We'll do our best to help you out :)

Are you looking for anything in particular? I might be able to let you know what we've got coming...
A glow red zoa and orange ones to round off that zoa Rock/island and from there I'd like to get some sticks...I have a Ca reactor waiting to be hooked up once the demand is there. I do love monti's as well. I've had several soft reefs in the past, this is my first go at an SPS dominated one...the gyre 150 should keep them happy...

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your comments. Live Rock from Tampa Bay used to start the tank. All the Macro Algae sprung up weeks to months later. also got some great hitchhikers. There is some nice red grape macro algae right next to the forest of Macro Algae. I am unsure about what I want however I am intrigued by Hammer Corals so that might be a consideration. I would also like to place some type of coral at the bottom of the tank on the sand. Is that possible and do you have any recommendations for coral I can look up to learn more about it. As you may have guessed this is my first Marine Tank. One thing for sure you will not get my name mixed up with anyone else.

You can get some amazing things as hitchhikers sometimes! Though, it really depends on where the rock originates from. So far so awesome!

Hammer, Torch and Frogspawn corals would be an excellent choice for the bottom of your reef. Now to go in your sand I would recommend; Acanthophyllia, Plate (Fungia, Cycloseris, Diaseris)/Tongue Corals, Welsophyllia, Trachyphyllia, Cynarina, Scolymia, Acanthastrea lordhowensis (if mounted on a flat rock or small tile), even Zoanthus if set in the sand on a flat rock do great as long as they don't get buried. There are more but this gives you something to research for now. We'll have most of what I listed going up during the sale at some point :)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green, green, looking for something with red in it. Looking for a different color contrast up top. Nothing like the tanks posted before my post, but mine is a work in progress. You guy know me and I am just posting a picture. I live 5 minutes away so no shipping for me ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 171
OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A glow red zoa and orange ones to round off that zoa Rock/island and from there I'd like to get some sticks...I have a Ca reactor waiting to be hooked up once the demand is there. I do love monti's as well. I've had several soft reefs in the past, this is my first go at an SPS dominated one...the gyre 150 should keep them happy...

We'll have lots of Zoas going up and even more sticks :) The CA reactor will help your stability/growth rates for sure! We use all sorts of pumps to move water, and recently started using the Gyre's in our farm and we find the laminar flow they produce is amazing!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup.. caps will go and lps will go to. it will be WWC SPS dominated tank! Although i bought 18 sps on reef palooza nyc from you so hoping there will be few awesome new releases.

Woot! I like the sound of that! New releases are coming!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green, green, looking for something with red in it. Looking for a different color contrast up top. Nothing like the tanks posted before my post, but mine is a work in progress. You guy know me and I am just posting a picture. I live 5 minutes away so no shipping for me ;)

We'll have lots of frags/colonies with Red in them going up, I promise! Our reefs are always a work in progress! That's what makes them so fascinating and addictive :)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I know that tank.:D

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody fill me in on how to change the posts so that the newest comes first? I used to have it that way but it seems when the forum changed to the new layout that it is not like that anymore and I am having issues finding how to change it..

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody fill me in on how to change the posts so that the newest comes first? I used to have it that way but it seems when the forum changed to the new layout that it is not like that anymore and I am having issues finding how to change it..

It doesn't seem to be an option any longer. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Back