Acro and monti pest identification

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slcwinder
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slcwinder

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2019
Messages
165
Reaction score
97
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been seeing more and more of these pop up on my acros and Montis. PE is good on both still so I’m not too concerned but I would like to know what it is. Lots of my acros have them on the base. I’m leaning toward spirobid worms but I don’t see them anywhere else
20260125_131830_8AE5F626-5031-497A-AC4C-645BB92CB7F8.png
 
Are there antennae coming out of holes? 2 antennae are tell tale sign of coral boring spinoids.
 
Oh yeah there is but they’ve been there for a long time and the corals all seem happy still it’s just recently I started looking all white there. Thought maybe it was a new pest
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new