Acro Farming

  • Thread starter Thread starter Teeho12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Teeho12

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about getting a 6-foot frag tank (Waterbox frag tank). My plan for the tank is to grow out acros on frag racks. Has anyone had success growing out acros in a Waterbox frag tank or something similar? In my mind, I don't think it's possible because there is no rock in the main display and no sand, so it will be very hard to keep stable. I see a lot of people grow out acros in frag tanks on YouTube, but I believe these are all connected to bigger systems.
 
Yes it’s possible. This is a 80g stand alone system. Rocks are in the sump, no sand.
IMG_2944.jpeg
 
Yes it’s possible. This is a 80g stand alone system. Rocks are in the sump, no sand.
IMG_2944.jpeg
This is exactly what I'm trying to do. But I've been told these frag tanks are too shallow and aren't stable enough unless they're connected to a bigger system
 
Well whoever told you that has misinformed you.

Sure a lowboy could always be deeper but if you want to grow frags they’re a good depth. It isnt hard to illuminate them that’s for sure. I run into flow issues but that’s the case in any acro tank. And stability is good.

 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new