Acro food?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Fish is !

I had lost all my fish to velvet last year. I had been fishless for 5 months (thought about quitting), then added some fish back in. I cannot believe the difference. Color has come back, pe extension is coming back, plus I love the hobbie again.
Great to hear. This hobby is about trial and error. NEVER GIVE UP due to loss. Investigate what happened and make improvements.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some research articles out there that show drastically improved growth with baby brine shrimp, so for acros I would say fresh hatched BBS, ocean nutrition has an instant baby brine shrimp product that you keep in the fridge that might work well too. There is also another research article that found BRS reef chili statistically improved growth of SPS, I think montipora, I can't remember if acros were in that study or not, but I would think reef chili would also be suitable for acros since montis in general have smaller polyps so the acro wouldn't be "missing" the chili.

That being said the food ime is for growth, for color to pop that is playing with water chemistry. I found around 1ppm nitrate and 0 detectable phosphates bring out the best colors for me personally. If nitrate gets low then the color fades and higher phosphate, again for me, makes the coral brown out.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back