Acro Frag Tanks: What snails?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef Rhino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef Rhino

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2021
Messages
76
Reaction score
70
Location
Fairfax, Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acro Frag Tank Folks:

What snails to use in Acro Frag tanks ?
My Acro Frag Tanks (2) are 48 x 18 x 12.

The Astrea and Trochus and too big and are running into my densely overpacked frags. 😁

I have ordered some Nerite, Margarita, and Cerith snails.
 
I don't have acros but cerith snails have been the least annoying in my frag tank. I love nassarius for their utility but they plow everything over.
 
Turbos and Money Cowries do the heavy lifting in my frag tank. I also have Euplica and Stomatella to get in between all of the frags. They all play a role.
 
Turbos and Money Cowries do the heavy lifting in my frag tank. I also have Euplica and Stomatella to get in between all of the frags. They all play a role.
Thanks for mentioning Stomatella snails! I don't ever plan to have a tank without them. They do great work - and absolutely annihilate cyano!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new