Acro id and help with my first Acro frag....

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I recently bought a few awesome zoas and this Acro at a local coral show we have every year. ive had very good success with digitata and stylos so i said what the heck and got an amazing Acro frag!! i cant remember what the the name the vendor called this litttle guy but im 99 percent sure he was wrong...but during the day it looks like it has a bright yellow ring at the very top amd no polyps come out during the day the purple colored polyps come out at night im assuming for feeding.....any help or/and advice would be greatly appreciated...ive got him half way up in my tank with a Kessill AP700 that maxes out at 90 percent for just a few hours at high noon....i also have a 4 bulb ATI fixture but only run two blue plus for about an hour when the kessils at its peak, but thats about it on the flourescents.....thanks in advance guys...its nightime here so hope these pics help a little...will take more during the day homies!! cheers!!

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a myagi or Cali Tort or it could be a yellow tip. It sounds like your tank and lighting is well suited for sps and acros. My main advice is don’t get obsessed chasing low no3/po4. My acros do much better with no carbon dosing and no gfo. It doesn’t really seem to matter what the measurements are. I lost acros and sps every time I tried to artificially bring nutrients down. Now I don’t even worry about them and they are growing like crazy.

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well hes def healthy looking and all but im wondering do acros very small tentatcles just not come out during the day or something?

Back