Acro Id. Staghorn?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stephers

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
395
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this guy a while ago under the name of a Tyree coral. It was obviously mislabeled. But I'm wondering if maybe it is Tyree blue matrix despite being purple in my tank? I thought the growth looked more like a staghorn. The branches are very thick.

Thanks!

20240422_194655.jpg 20240422_194721.jpg
 
Think reclassified as A. Muricata now, I think. @encrustingacro what’s ur take?
Most Acropora in captivity aren't identifiable to the species-level due to deformation. This coral is no different.
There are also multiple arborescent Acropora species in the Indo-Pacific, including A. intermedia, A. muricata, A. abrotanoides, A. tortuosa, etc., so it is not necessarily A. muricata.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new