Acro ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WillB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WillB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2018
Messages
268
Reaction score
172
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up for $20 from my LFS a while back and it is coloring up really nicely! I’m wondering if it has a name? It’s got a pink/green base with red/green polyps the green shoes up in the more shaded areas.
IMG_0657.JPG
IMG_0658.JPG

And when I first got it
IMG_0400.JPG
 
Figured it out! I guess all whites and no filter did it!
IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG
 
Might be Red Planet

That has crossed my mind. Though I thought the green went away with low nitrates/phosphates. Does it not go away completely? I use Hanna ulr to check phosphates and api for nitrates. If anything I’ve been trying to bump them up from 0
 
it could be a no namer aussie gem
 
it could be a no namer aussie gem

Well that would be awesome! I’ve never named a coral! Haha though I’m not confident enough that it isn’t red planet to do so
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new