Acro parasite?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hansss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hansss

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I've been having trouble with slow tissue necrossis on my Acros for a few months time now. At first I thought it was because of a temporary Alk swing and/or too low nutrition levels. But I corrected both of this without getting the STN to stop.
It's only Acropras that are affected. LPS and other SPS like Porites and Stylophora look fine. I see areas that look like bite marks but I've dipped a few corals without finding any flatworms.

I now got a phonescope (like a microscope on the phone) and were able to see something moving in areas that are currently bleached/loosing tissue. What do you think this is? Is it the main reason for the STN or just something that attacks corals that are weakend by something else?

http://www.drakfisken.se/bilder/20160731_143405.mp4
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new