AcroholicAnonymous Red Sea Reefer 425 Build

acroholicanonymous

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
269
Reaction score
187
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Jumping back into the world of reef keeping! It’s been about 9-10 years since I last had a tank and I’m both nervous and excited to get started again. This will also be the largest tank I have owned as well so hopefully I won’t “wish I went bigger”.

While I’m in the process of finishing a cycle and have copepods on order prior to introducing fish, here is my current equipment and future equipment.

Current Equipment -

Red Sea Reefer 425
Red Sea ATO
Red Sea ReefCan
x2 MP40’s (not sure what mode yet)
Vectra M2
Bubble Magus Curve 7 Elite Skimmer

Future Equipment -

Coralvue Hydros (love how the equipment looks)
Maybe x2 XR15 (unsure about them though)
Red Sea Reefmat 500

Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_3831.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Great looking aquascape! What are your livestock goals for your tank?
 
Well I guess after some radio silence it’s time for an update!

Tank is totally different looking. Like others - goals and plans change, so I decided to redo it. Multiple times :)

Here are a few updates - photos were taken with my iPhone and orange lens from my glasses from Fritz …


20250719_200838_8CC9015E-54DE-44D5-A479-0373B1047CB3.png


20250719_200839_ED2FBBDE-92B0-4D94-92BC-207028E73597.png


20250719_200839_A35596A8-E33F-4736-AB15-14A9254FD7DE.png


20250719_200839_329F4ECA-7BD9-4713-94CE-F932C963C0CA.png


20250719_200839_88F81139-30C9-4ADC-9311-B9123CF92022.png
 
Full tank picture. Some zoas are unhappy - and my banana torch. But at least wanted to share an update.


20251117_204712_C224FCC0-0356-4530-82CE-9DEAACCC84DE.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new