Acropora Bleaching?

groves1989

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Location
south flordia
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I bought this frag from my LFS last week and the bottom is a full green. Is this bleaching? Should I cut this section off?

Any information is appreciated!

6E11C472-9B72-4939-BDE9-24D2D3A82258.jpeg
 
Ita a newer system but I was reading somewhere the other day about the green on acro skin being some kind of small oval/pear/seed lookimg thing that eats away at it....not aefw but something else. Could of course just be algae as well. I'll look for the link.
 
Upvote 0
Ita a newer system but I was reading somewhere the other day about the green on acro skin being some kind of small oval/pear/seed lookimg thing that eats away at it....not aefw but something else. Could of course just be algae as well. I'll look for the link.
You’re talking about Ostreopsis dinoflagellates. Definitely a possibility but no brown strings as would be typical for that.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new