Acropora millepora placement

AmatuerAuer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be adding x3 Acropora Millepora and X1 Blue Matrix Acro to my 120g 4x2x2.

I am currently successfully keeping SPS birds nest coral on my 'top shelf' (see photo). Will the Millepora also need to be that high or would the mid shelf (right side) be high enough?

Lighting = x2 a360w 6" off the water

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1439221235.926454.jpg

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have millis top bottom and almost bottom they can live any level long as they get good light and flow , that being said the one at the very top is the fastest growing one

OP
OP
AmatuerAuer

AmatuerAuer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will probably start them on mid level to get them acclimated before moving them to the top right.

I have an XF-150 and an MP40wQD that I usually keep at reef crest mode. I have more flow at my disposal than I could ever need.

Kacrocorals - Love your tag line by the way.

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a few frags that have been growing great for 3 months under radions with ~400par with a maxspect gyre alternating forwards/reverse every 5min or so. They seem happy and well colored.

OP
OP
AmatuerAuer

AmatuerAuer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PAR ratings for Kessils are fairly mixed on the interwebs.. combination of user error and the fact that LEDs don't produce in the same manor as MH (from what I can tell). That said it seems to be a roughly 300-400 par reading in the first 12" under the water line with the light 6" off the water.

So I'm guessing mid shelf will work for acclimation and top shelf will really see some growth.

I have 4 birdsnest coral (two on the left and two on the right) and they are growing well so I am not concerned.

Thanks all!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back