Acropora......what?

LPS Hunter

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
119
Reaction score
10
Location
Griffith, IN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up as a throw in on a recent LFS purchase....$10, completely brown at pick up with no PE at all.

Been in the tank 3 weeks and is coloring up nicely. Purple tips with greenish/yellow polyps...not much PE yet, a little, more after lights out.

Any idea on a species.

Thanks in advance.

DSC_6950_zps7ded56d4.jpg
 
Might turn Into a Garf bonsai.
 
I was thinking exactly what Diesel said, but you will have to give it time to see how the color changes and it develops.
 
Thanks for the replies. The valida part was what I was concerned with, I hope it continues to color up. I moved it down about 12 inches today to see if less light will help it color up some more.

Thanks again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new