Acroporas in a fluval 13.5

Jonathanw1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 13.5 with the stock light and has been running for 7 months and was wondering if i would be able to grow acroporas in this tank with the stock light.

I have a 256 gph power head and a 251gph sicce return pump

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GM, again, pardon me for using the op thread, but was wondering if this light would work be enough to grow corals and/or anemones in the fluval flex 15……..,,
I don't have any knowledge of that light, and it only has one review, so not much to go on. I may have missed it in the listing, but I also don't see a wattage rating so I have no idea what its output is. For that price range I would just get a Noopsyche K7 Mini personally. It's 60w and also has APP control. I have one over my 9 gallon quarantine tank and it provides more than enough light.

I'm a big Kessil fan personally, but for under 100$ I think the Noopsyche mini is the best light out there, and for 100-200$ the Noopsyche K7 Pro III is the best option. You just can't beat the features for the price point.

EDIT: Checking the aquatop site that is a 12W light rated at 80 par. Waste of money for coral. As I suggested before, best to just get a Noopsyche mini. It's barely more money and is 60w. You can grow SPS with it, you cannot with the aquatop.

Upvote 0

caro325

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any knowledge of that light, and it only has one review, so not much to go on. I may have missed it in the listing, but I also don't see a wattage rating so I have no idea what its output is. For that price range I would just get a Noopsyche K7 Mini personally. It's 60w and also has APP control. I have one over my 9 gallon quarantine tank and it provides more than enough light.

I'm a big Kessil fan personally, but for under 100$ I think the Noopsyche mini is the best light out there, and for 100-200$ the Noopsyche K7 Pro III is the best option. You just can't beat the features for the price point.

EDIT: Checking the aquatop site that is a 12W light rated at 80 par. Waste of money for coral. As I suggested before, best to just get a Noopsyche mini. It's barely more money and is 60w. You can grow SPS with it, you cannot with the aquatop.
THANK YOU. SENDING BACK AND GETTING SOMETHING BETTER!!

Upvote 0

caro325

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EDIT: Checking the aquatop site that is a 12W light rated at 80 par. Waste of money for coral. As I suggested before, best to just get a Noopsyche mini. It's barely more money and is 60w. You can grow SPS with it, you cannot with the
How many watts do I need???

Upvote 0

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many watts do I need???
For sps I wouldn’t go any lower than the 60w k7 mini. The k7 pro III would be even better, but that depends on your budget. If it’s easily affordable I would get one for the headroom, but if you are on a budget the mini should get it done.

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back