Acros and torch looking odd

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a torch and some SPS for several months and several days ago the SPS tips started to look odd. Yesterday my torch started to recede polyps. Last week lost a stunner chalice I’ve had for 8 months. Water parameters stable (some fluctuations in phosphate and nitrate). Thinking bacteria so I’m doing KCF dip now. Anyone have any ideas?

IMG_3410.jpeg IMG_3411.jpeg IMG_3412.jpeg

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok hmmm are these the first acros in the tank by chance? How long has the tank been running? Any adjustments to lighting at all super strange but can happen....what is your phosphate at? And what is the fluctuation from what to what?

OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank has been up for 3 years. Added a green slimer last fall and some more acros after. The one in the pic was added in April. Green slimer has some tips like these but not as bad. Last month nitrate ranged from 15 to 1 with average of 10.3. Phosphate ranged 0.04 to 0.15 with average of 0.07. Turned up whites on lights to get a better look. Didn’t measure par after change but I can do that later. I have a PAR meter

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank has been up for 3 years. Added a green slimer last fall and some more acros after. The one in the pic was added in April. Green slimer has some tips like these but not as bad. Last month nitrate ranged from 15 to 1 with average of 10.3. Phosphate ranged 0.04 to 0.15 with average of 0.07. Turned up whites on lights to get a better look. Didn’t measure par after change but I can do that later. I have a PAR meter
How big of an increase on the whites? Par would be good to check also depending on how much you increased it might have had a negative effect.

OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big of an increase on the whites? Par would be good to check also depending on how much you increased it might have had a negative effect.
Can’t remember for sure. I think from 60% to 100. Using AB+ program on Radions. Will check PAR later tonight.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t remember for sure. I think from 60% to 100. Using AB+ program on Radions. Will check PAR later tonight.
Thats a pretty big increase i typically go increments of 3-5% when needing to adjust every 2-3 days.

OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a pretty big increase i typically go increments of 3-5% when needing to adjust every 2-3 days.
PAR was about the same as before but I had increased the length of the maximal lighting period. I changed the lighting schedule back to exactly the same as it was before I started having problems to remove that variable. When doing maintenance I realized my UV bulb had burned out. Replaced that. Watching corals to see how they respond.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back