Acrylic Paint Particulate Prevention

PirateMonkeyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new build (a 40G Breeder) will be in my studio. I'm a full-time artist that paints scale miniatures, models and a little canvas. This sometimes includes using an airbrush that atomizes for the most part acrylic paint. The paint is composed of Acrylic Resin and pigment that is non-toxic. I want to reduce the amount of it though that will get in the tank.

My plan is to have a sump that is in a cabinet, get a glass cover for the tank while I'm spraying and finally a vent above my spraying area to quickly evacuate the airbrushed spray.

What do you think of this plan? any way I can improve it? Thanks!

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may run into oxygenation problems with all the surface area being fully enclosed, but you could mitigate this by having your skimmer's air intake run from somewhere outside (keep in mind the extra tubing would add head loss so perhaps think about slightly larger diameter tubing if you choose to do this). As for the paint I think running some carbon would help pull out the impurities (this is only a best guess). Best of luck.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back