acrylic quarantine tank build.

reefnoob616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if I should use a carbon filter or if I should make an all in one tank with sump. Ive seen frag tanks with a sump built into it I mean. Just looking for the best solution.

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I use for my fish QT is a HOB filter with rubble and a sponge, a heater, thermometer, and a small power head. Oh and an ammonia badge but I generally keep the water quality high but its there just in case. I don't exactly rely on it. Depends on what you are QTing and any special needs for that animal if anything else is required.

OP
OP
R

reefnoob616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just building it to quarantine new fish and if my tank gets something. I got ick and didnt know it untill it was too late on an old tank. If I had a quarantine tank I might have been able to save more fish. But that was 75g now im in a 220g and am going the whole 9 yards with this this set up.

RacinRevo0818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think the simpler the better. A quarantine tank is meant to be sterilized when your done. The bigger the system the more work that is going to be.
Here's what I use
30g tank
Controllable heater
Penguin 350b bio-wheel hob
A simple 2 bulb t5 fixture
About a quart of matrix that stays in my sump until I need it. You have to have something with a bacteria source before you need it. So that's what I use, cheap enough you can just throw away and start a new batch.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back