Acrylic Tank Fogged

Wayneo's Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a retired teacher and have a small tank maintenance business. I service a saltwater acrylic tank that is 5' high and 3' wide. The tank is in front of the businesses front window. The bottom front of the tank is fogging. If you look from the side it looks like the fogging is on the inside. The tank manufacturer suggests I use an Acrylic Scratch Remover Novus 3. They told me I could use it underwater on full tank with fish in it if I let it dry 90% then put it in the tank? This sounds like it would affect the water quality and the fish. I have read online about Novus 3 online and everyone says do not use it underwater in a full tank with fish.
Does anyone know if this fogging occurs on the inside or the outside of the tank. Does anyone know about using Novus 3 in a tank with saltwater and fish? I bought 9 sheets of wet/dry sandpaper grits ranging from 1500 to 12000. Would that be the best way to go? Any other suggestions would be appreciated to remove this fogging without draining the tank?
Also does anyone know of a company in Northeastern New Jersey area that does scratch removal on acrylic tanks.
 
Don't use it in the water, no way.
Fogging can occur on both inside from cleaning and outside from doing the same.
When I polished up acrylic tanks, it all depended on how severe the scratching, fogging was, most times all you need is the novus 3 step to get it out, you'd need wet/sand paper to get out deeper scratches.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new