Actinic Coral Photos

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2013
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
1,647
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snapped a couple shots under the actinics today. Just have a older $100 camera and find it difficult t get the correct coloration without the overwhelming BLUE. I've gotten a lot better at taking photos of my aquarium with what I have, but these actinics are tough! Just thought I'd share a few actinic photos just because.

Galaxea
uDPjdXX.jpg


Torch
HWWSPyz.jpg


War Coral
O4lkGbn.jpg


Lobo
SQVkbiR.jpg


Some Zoanthids
TaJ2gk5.jpg

1sGfUXV.jpg

5cUDza3.jpg

pNjC4Ps.jpg

6KFjYQk.jpg

vMPtbHw.jpg


Acans
843quB3.jpg

uD7kJ7U.jpg
 
Actinic shots are the most difficult.
Not enough light to work with and a crazy blue cast. Still you seem to have mastered those. A little more work on WB in PP can help unless you like to keep a bit of the remaining blue in the pictures.
 
Thanks guys! Yea I like a little blue in the pictures but other colors seem to go crazy if I adjust the WB too much. That acan is my favorite one. It is also the hardest one to get a photo of! They called it a sunburst acan where I got it. Here is a little older pic of that acan. The color is still crazy even with whites on with that coral for some reason.

laNtInF.jpg
 
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing...
 
Here is a little collage I put together a while back of some zoas in my tank as well as a close up of my frogspawn under actinics only.

0Boat8v.jpg


irqnlTi.jpg
 
Very very cool!
 
Since everything has been transferred over to my new 40 breeder a while back I figured I'd share some more actinic photos. I took these last night when I was feeding. Most are top down shots. :)

FTS
oCzekdh.jpg


My favorite Acan
GL2wCHw.jpg


Super Tongan Nassarius Snail (my favorite snails)
mWadHF8.jpg


Top Down Shots
skt77CB.jpg


nAoCQvO.jpg


0h9MUfH.jpg


Ew4EOsC.jpg


pQeyyrN.jpg


ErI3zgY.jpg
 
Figured Id update this thread a little seeing how things have changed and I have also acquired a gel filter I've been fooling around with. :)

KjEdmRm.jpg


NUFErML.jpg


lKF5iQd.jpg


NZXdtCs.jpg


8f7UIGW.jpg


tM0EGOV.jpg


RPdJPtO.jpg


oBcopGS.jpg


sTnl7IL.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new