Activated Carbon

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest reading through the thread. It's worth it.

The one bit of information that looked interesting was traded by one user to another via PM instead of posting it in the thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: This looks like the same re-hashed conversation about activated carbon.

Randy's acid treatment of some black diamond carbon was edu-taining. ;)

Don't like the way they conduct their forum. Don't like the way they treat people. I apologize that I couldn't make it past page 2 in reading...I saw nothing about magnetism. Could you please summarize what you were referring to? Or maybe link the specific post? Not necessary, but would be appreciated. :)

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm lost. What's going on here? Jason I'm really trying to understand if this is usable or not or should I got back to seachem matrix or rox. Jason which other carbon you recommend

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm lost. What's going on here? Jason I'm really trying to understand if this is usable or not or should I got back to seachem matrix or rox. Jason which other carbon you recommend

I would use what I mentioned earlier in the thread I linked to

I look for acid washed.

BRS lignite is ok. Rox is better. The filter guys GAC. TLF hydrocarbon is good along with seachem matrix. ( I believe it was highlandreefer from another forum that had a great breakdown on GAC. Old thread. Edit: It was boomer but highlandreefer was involved as was Randy as well)
Edit:
Rinse well but not forcefully, do not crush, and do not tumble.

Edit edit edit edit: Here it is, one of my favorite threads discussing GAC
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1231262&highlight=rox+8

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using BRS ROX 0.8 Activated Carbon & Rowaphos for the last 2 years in my Bulk Reef Supply Dual Reactor and my tank is pretty clean looking with a PO4 of 0.02ppm.

TANK INFO: 120 MIXED REEF

MixedReefshotJan11.JPG

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back