Add sump to AIO Tank AND is 20 gallons too small for a Neptune Apex with Trident?

Joshua Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a brand new Innovative Marine NUVO 20 Concept panorama Abyss Tank. Would it be possible to somehow add a sump to it? I realize that it would require modifying it in some way. I am mainly wondering if anyone has ever done this; added a sump to an AIO aquarium? And if you have; how did you go about it? The ways that I am considering are to either drill a bulkhead into one of the rear compartments or I could use a hang-on-back overflow with a u-tube.

Is one better than the other? I realize that using a HOB overflow would allow me to re-sale the aquarium because it hasn't been permanently altered. Here is the main reason I am considering doing this: I know that the bigger the water volume, the more stable the water parameters are. Here is my ssecondary question:

I have a complete Neptune Apex 2016 setup including the Trident system. Is a 20 gallon system too small to use with a Neptune Apex with a Trident as well? Is it overkill or is it even able to work in such a small water volume tank.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i havent added a sump to an AIO, but i did add a fiji HOB fuge to one. no issues. i have an apex on a 300g, 40g, 13g, and 4g. i have a trident only on the 300g, but thats mainly because its the only one with sps. if youre serious about keeping a solid tank without constant testing, is the really too much???

Back