added a co2 scrubber

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
added a co2 scrubber and have seen some results. not everything I was hoping to see. but i'll take it. before the co2 scrubber the ph would not be above 8.0 and now 8.12. I was hoping for higher results but will take it. I was also expecting a higher dip at night when the lights go out with co2. but really impressed with the fact that a high of 8.12 drop to 8.07.

scrubber.PNG

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch your alkalinity because your tank will consume more now that your pH is higher
I don't normally watch it since I do a weekly water change every Saturday. although I did check it tonight. since I missed this weeks wc due to being really sick last week and felt like I was really weak on Saturday and was still trying to break the fever I had.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't normally watch it since I do a weekly water change every Saturday. although I did check it tonight. since I missed this weeks wc due to being really sick last week and felt like I was really weak on Saturday and was still trying to break the fever I had.
So you can check your levels right after you do a water change then at the end of the week right before your water change check your levels see if your alk swings

JoeyDiesel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a mine for Xmas and went from 7.6-7-9 to a wonderful 8.15-8.35. couldn't be happier, I spent far to long trying to grow cheato quicker to increase pH but never helped much.
The kh consumption has doubled and corals look noticeably different. Thanks @H2Oaquatics for steering me away from a kessil h380 and to a much cheaper co2 scrubber!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back