Adding a second pair of Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fringe09
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fringe09

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
630
Reaction score
327
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys. I currently have a pair of Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris). These are the peaceful ones.

I would like to add a second pair of the same but just black and white. Safe to do?
 
How big is your tank? They are territorial and will fight another pair to the death if there isn't enough space for two territories in your tank.
 
160 gallon display tank. I’m not gonna take the chance. I should’ve in the beginning introduced two pairs.
 
you should be fine. I have had 1 pair of oclownfish for 9 years I believe and than recently introduced 1 more ocelaris about an 1in and a half and they would pick at him but he had enough room to escape and since than about a couple months has more than doubled in size and they all three swim together. The 3rd ocelaris which is not bonded minds his own buisness and really peaceful. Than when I decided I am upgrading a tank I had a pair of black clarki clownfish and introduced that pair into the other tank and they still bicker a little bit but it is tolerable. this a 180 gallon reef with 5 clownfish with 3 different species lol. They are all happy. This tank also does not have an anemone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new