Adding additional aquariums to new/current sump?

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Currently I have a 45 gallon which is my frag tank, but I want to add a 92 corner I have and tbd nano 30-35 gallon. I would like to have these all on the same (big) sump for one sump to handle and hopefully parameters will be able to even out and be the same across all. Has anyone ever done this- successfully?

LuisPerez711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done this multiple times and many on here have done so as well. It isn't difficult to implement but you should take some things into consideration:

1. System volume is considered for the equipment you use. The three tanks above are around 160g and you'd probably go with a sump that holds around 40g so the equipment should be for 200g. This also depends on livestock but it is something to keep in mind.

2. Are there going to be three separate pumps? Or one large pump for all three systems? You should also consider the back flow of the water from 3 systems into your sump if you ever have a power outage.

I'm sure there are many other things that I can't seem to remember but it is possible.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back