Adding carnivorous snails

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
65
Reaction score
18
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new cycled tank, I recently put a pair of clowns in and they seem to be very happy, I am feeding them a mix of Mysis shrimp and pellets.

Question is, would it be a good idea to add a few carnivorous snails right now? I don't have any algae yet so I don't plan to add any algae snails. Just want some ideas of some CUC I can add to a newly cycled tank if any at all.
 
If there's enough fish food reaching the bottom of the tank to give the snails something to eat, then you could add some carnivorous snails like Nassarius species, yeah.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new