Adding copepods

inkedtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

I want to add copepods to my tank. Has anyone ordered online? Where did you order from? Were you happy with what you received?

I appreciate your help!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Stay Safe!

Reefnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goodluck! im guessing youre adding them for a mandarin? If so just make sure your tank is big enough to keep up with his eating habits! they can wipe out a population pretty quick! if they do you will have to add them all the time! just a heads up

aquarium depot is a great place though I would not hesitate to order from them.

OP
OP
inkedtx

inkedtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copepods arrived, added to tank, Jeff the Scooter Blenny thought it was Christmas again. Anywho, I was about to clean tank and remove filter floss (I was out of polyfilters) and lo and behold full of lots of happy copepods. My question is how am I going to remove the dirty floss without removing the copepods?

Never a dull moment! TIA

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copepods arrived, added to tank, Jeff the Scooter Blenny thought it was Christmas again. Anywho, I was about to clean tank and remove filter floss (I was out of polyfilters) and lo and behold full of lots of happy copepods. My question is how am I going to remove the dirty floss without removing the copepods?

Never a dull moment! TIA
IMO skip a wc and cleanind after the first intro duction. then you do just have to deal with losing some bugs. but if you have that many in the filter you have more in the tank.
Pretty soon here you should have a pretty massive bloom one night. a week or two id guess.

OP
OP
inkedtx

inkedtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO skip a wc and cleanind after the first intro duction. then you do just have to deal with losing some bugs. but if you have that many in the filter you have more in the tank.
Pretty soon here you should have a pretty massive bloom one night. a week or two id guess.

Will do! Thanks!!

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been wondering where the best place to order from would be seen a few different places ill have to check them out. I have been picking up tisbe pods from my lfs whenever they have them. The only issue I found with these is that you need to check the dates. I have had good luck so far lots of little moving things. I add a pouch probably 2 to 3 times a year. im running a large refugium in my sump which is a 30 gal breeder tank. hopefully whenever I do get my psychedelic fish (green mandarin) he should have plenty of live food. will also start adding a lil more often whenever that time comes. thanks guys.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ADV-300 sump with the refugium. I have rubble and chaeto in there. Should I add pods to tank or fuge?
IMO, mostly to the tank. They will def make it to the sump.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wanting a pipefish, will he still get food with 2 wrasses in the tank?
LOAD that tank up, get a fuge and make sure the tank is well established. youll have to assess the aggression of the wrasses, and the type and size of the pipefish.
I would recommend a new thread for that question, we have some seriously hardcore wrasse guys here.

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOAD that tank up, get a fuge and make sure the tank is well established. youll have to assess the aggression of the wrasses, and the type and size of the pipefish.
I would recommend a new thread for that question, we have some seriously hardcore wrasse guys here.
+1 on load up

Cary Meredith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so this was one back full :)

IMG_20161208_124941200_HDR.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back