Adding corals during fallow period

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bad ich or velvet outbreak after my tank had to broken down and moved off site to redo my floors.

I’m pretty sure it was velvet but not 100%. Long story short all 10 of my fish died, 4 tangs, 2 angels, 3 clowns and few others.

so sad to watch them all slowly die off.

couid have treated blah blah blah but didn’t have quarantine ready etc..

Planning to go fallow for about 90 days...I thought i would take opportunity to focus on corals and add some add beginning of process . Anything I can do to make sure I don’t bring Anything additional in?

any suggestions on setting up quarantines for fish down the line would be helpful.
I also have 20 rose bulbs in tank I may get rid of most....can they harbor cysts?
Hello and welcome to the channel.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bad ich or velvet outbreak after my tank had to broken down and moved off site to redo my floors.

I’m pretty sure it was velvet but not 100%. Long story short all 10 of my fish died, 4 tangs, 2 angels, 3 clowns and few others.

so sad to watch them all slowly die off.

couid have treated blah blah blah but didn’t have quarantine ready etc..

Planning to go fallow for about 90 days...I thought i would take opportunity to focus on corals and add some add beginning of process . Anything I can do to make sure I don’t bring Anything additional in?

any suggestions on setting up quarantines for fish down the line would be helpful.
I also have 20 rose bulbs in tank I may get rid of most....can they harbor cysts?
If you add corals, start your fallow period after they’re all in the tank. By end of the period anything that came over on them will be eradicated. anemones won’t host the parasites (they need a fish)

lots of great advice on QTs in the fish disease section

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, good luck with the relaunch
ZomboMeme 27102020101811.jpg

OP
OP
kerbfish

kerbfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How strict do I need
To be with cleaning up any equipment and sand etc with ich or velvet cysts......I plan to go fallow for a few months. However I heard cysts can survive in anoxic environments but my sand bed is only a few inches deep so I don’t think that should be an issue.

any suggestions very welcome.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back