Adding CUC after 1 week — good idea?

  • Thread starter Thread starter QcReef32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

QcReef32

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Messages
42
Reaction score
37
Location
ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank finished cycling about a week ago, and I'm wondering it there's enough algae to start adding my clean-up crew (I already have 2 cerith snails).

I'm thinking of adding:
3 trochus snails
1 nassarius snail
3 more cerith snails
maybe a blue-leg hermit crab?

Is the diatoms enough for all of what I'm planning? It’s have a few dots in the tank
 
This the picture
 
20260409_203605_D31FAAFE-A344-44BD-A902-12D0392D2805.png
 
There is no food yet but trust me, in the coming months there will be plenty. Great time to start adding copepods though. They will help clear your diatoms quicker.
 
Amazing thank you! And any types of lives copepods would work?
Dinkin’s Aqautics has a fantastic blend and their customer service is second to none!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new