Adding finer sand to my tank.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ~Reefer~
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

~Reefer~

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2024
Messages
61
Reaction score
16
Location
Bournemouth
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I want to add some finer sand on top of the sand I used (Caribsea ocean direct 0.25-6.5mm) as I prefer the look of finer sand but just curious if anyone knows if this finer sand I will add (Either AF bio sand or Caribsea Bahamas oolite) likely sink under the sand ive currently got in the tank or stay on top?
 
Both.
It will drift with the current. Each time you vac and disturb the sand bed, it will mix in.
 
Both.
It will drift with the current. Each time you vac and disturb the sand bed, it will mix in.
I never really vac or disturb my sand I just let it do it’s thing..
 
Hi I want to add some finer sand on top of the sand I used (Caribsea ocean direct 0.25-6.5mm) as I prefer the look of finer sand but just curious if anyone knows if this finer sand I will add (Either AF bio sand or Caribsea Bahamas oolite) likely sink under the sand ive currently got in the tank or stay on top?
No I have found it will find its own space. You can actually do it yourself it looks cool. A progression like real Nature. But if you ever want a Diamond sand sifting Goby and they are fun to me it is too fine . However great for snails it depends on your plans
 
Both.
It will drift with the current. Each time you vac and disturb the sand bed, it will

No I have found it will find its own space. You can actually do it yourself it looks cool. A progression like real Nature. But if you ever want a Diamond sand sifting Goby and they are fun to me it is too fine . However great for snails it depends on your plans
I plan on having a pair
What do you want me to say that I haven't already
What do you want me to say that I haven't already
S
No I have found it will find its own space. You can actually do it yourself it looks cool. A progression like real Nature. But if you ever want a Diamond sand sifting Goby and they are fun to me it is too fine . However great for snails it depends on your plans
Sorry so what do you mean it will find its own space?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new