Adding fish to 250L/66G tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter nino.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nino.

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
Netherlands
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently (2 months ago) bought my first tank a 250 red sea with livestock including a large number of corals and 4 clownfish (ocellaris clownfish) 1 lawnmower benny, 1 banggai cardinalfish, 1blood shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 banded coral shrimp and 1 bown scopas tang to which i added a decorator crab and a green clown goby.

I am looking to add some more fish and wonder if this is a good idea given the fish I already got and the size of the tank. I am looking to add a engineer goby, pistol tiger shrimp, yellow watchman goby and a melanurus wrasse.

Would this be too much? I would possibly re-home the largest two of my clownfish. Given they have been a bit aggresive to myself and I heared from the previous owner other fish (however when i added the green clown goby they bothered it at first but they get along just fine now. I would also possibly re-home my bown scopas tang given it should be in a larger tank but as of now im not sure if i should do this now or when he outgrows the tank. See my tank below.
IMG_0961.jpg
 
I would say to re-home 2 of the clowns and the tang. Then you would be able to add the fish you have listed.
 
x2 Ocellaris Clowns (pair)

x1 Bangaii Cardinal

x1 Lawnmower Blenny

x1 Yellow Watchman Goby + Tiger Pistol Shrimp

x1 Melanurus Wrasse

x1 Flameback / Cherub Angel or a more peaceful damsel species like an Azure or Yellowtail

x1 Engineer Goby
 
x2 Ocellaris Clowns (pair)

x1 Bangaii Cardinal

x1 Lawnmower Blenny

x1 Yellow Watchman Goby + Tiger Pistol Shrimp

x1 Melanurus Wrasse

x1 Flameback / Cherub Angel or a more peaceful damsel species like an Azure or Yellowtail

x1 Engineer Goby
This a suggestion for what to put in the tank? Or what do you mean by this
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new