Adding reefbrite to sunpower

  • Thread starter Thread starter jgraz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
1,553
Reaction score
302
Location
Bordentown, New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a little bit of input here. I am currently running a ATI Sunpower 8x80w over my 180G Reef. The reef is Very heavy on the SPS side and quite lite on the LPS side. My bulb line up is as follows:
FRONT
Blue+
Purple+
Coral+
Blue+
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+
Blue+
I am getting great growth and colors as is. What I am mainly looking for is the POP, but would welcome any added par if needed. I am currently in between the Reefbrite Tech strip and the XHO. I am not sure the Tech is going to even show through the T5's. I would think the XHO would show through, but I'm not sure if its overkill or not. I know very little about these lights so any and all help would be welcome. And while we are at it, which color would be ideal for the strip? Any change in bulb combo for the T5? And finally, 1 strip in front or should I go with a second for the back? Thanks in advance
John
 
I have 2 XHO fixtures. The blue from the fixture is faintly noticeable with all 8 bulbs on but when they are off, it is super blue.

Get the Blue XHO strip for extra pop.

2 strips is fine and balances the fixture out. It, also, adds light to the front and back of corals.
 
2 XHO fistures is going to kill the wallet, I wounder is a switch to the ATI hybrid Powermodule might not be more prudent


HAHAHAHA just looked at the price. Definitely not more prudent
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new