Adding sand

Reefer_madness78

View Badges
Reaction score
my sand bed is about 1in deep and I want to add more sand to 2in deep for future nassarius snails and future goby. Do i need to stir in new sand with the existing sand or can i just put it on top? I planned on adding a section every few days or so. The sand has a little cyano on it also.

DeniseAndy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Nah. I asked someone earlier about how they liked the home made and it worked well for them. I will make one soon I think too. Gotta get a good bottle.
Just cut bottom off bottle, drill cap to fit the tubing, seal the tubing in somehow. I may use fitting so I can slip in and out. Not sure. I just look for something laying around to use.
Experiment. That way by the time you are done, you could have bought one for even less. :D

OP
R

Reefer_madness78

View Badges
Reaction score
Nah. I asked someone earlier about how they liked the home made and it worked well for them. I will make one soon I think too. Gotta get a good bottle.
Just cut bottom off bottle, drill cap to fit the tubing, seal the tubing in somehow. I may use fitting so I can slip in and out. Not sure. I just look for something laying around to use.
Experiment. That way by the time you are done, you could have bought one for even less. :D
Lol yeah that's how it goes.

Ippyroy

The Tiger Reef In Yellowstone
View Badges
Reaction score
These are so cheap and work great

Is your current reef tank the BEST reef aquarium you've ever had?

• Yes

Votes: 335 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 21.9%
  • It's a tie

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 20 4.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors