blalaw87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Evening,

I have a 425xl from redsea.

When I started my tank about 5 months or so ago I put a small clean up crew as I was having issues with GHA and it does not look like most of the clean up crew is around anymore. I still have a few hermits, some crabs, and a 1/2 dozen or so black urchins (Not sure of the type).

Now that my tank is more stable I have started to add some fish in the past couple of months and have a cleaner shrimp as well. I am noticing that my sand on is starting to get algae and I can see that is is down in the sand as well since I don't have anything to stir up the stand besides my once a month or so water change.

My nitrates have been sitting between 5 and 10ppm and p04 around 0.3 to 0.2. I was looking to beef up the clean up crew and was thinking about adding the following to the tank to help out with the sand as well.

A cleanup crew of snails and hermit for a 90 gallon tank (Reefcleaners), 1 Florida Fighting Conch, and a couple sand sifting stars.

I still want to add a goby in the near future as well. My biggest concern is if I get this and it takes care of the sand will I start having issues with their not being enough Algae to feed them in the future? I At that point would I have to supplement the diet with Nori or something of the like to feed them?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you will need nori or some seaweed pellets and they need food or the crabs will eat the snails and your urchins and cleaner shrimp will starve. once you have fish on there they will eat the left over food and eat algae on the live rock

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back