Crystabel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Well finally i have fish in my tank!

2 clowns i picked up last weekend! They are doing pretty well, eating very well, swiming around and beging for food all the time lol

What is the rate to stock a tank?

If i want to add more fish, i wait a few weeks, a month? Just good water quality for a week?

And do we have tonwait to add shrimps?

Thanks in advance!

Isabelle

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Isabelle on the clowns, look foward to seeing some pictures of them ;) As for the rate of stocking others with more experience will hopefully chime in. I am in the process of stocking my tank also, I am going at the rate of about a fish or two a month. The way I see it allows the biological filtration to adjust and gives me time to be abel to observe the fish and make sure everything is going well.

What type of shrimp are you wanting to add?

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new fish. I would add fish every to weeks or so to let things settle. plus if you stop at a store and see a fish you like it will help keep you from getting the wrong fish. You will think oh yeah I have another week so you have time to research. Do you have a quarantine tank set up. If not you could set on up and put the fish you plan on adding in there. Two weeks will give it some time to rest and you time to see if something is wrong.

OP
OP
C

Crystabel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes I have a quarantine tank set up - I used water from the main tank to set it up and I am checking parameter there too !

Will try to take pictures with my camera - with the phone - it did not come up really good !

I am disappointed... I was planning on adding 2 black clowns... but have read that we shouldn't add more then one couple of clown in a tank. My tank is not that big so I rather listen and avoid problems later on ! but still ! i was looking forward to get them !

will have to think of something else then ! ;o)

thanks ! will go in this weekend to see what they have !

I wanted a fire shrimp - but read they were quite shy so will likely go with cleaner shrimps...

hopefully it will go as well with the quarantine tank...

Isabelle

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Crystabel how big is your tank and how long has it been cycled? :)

Congrats!

OP
OP
C

Crystabel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi have a 45 gallons cube with a 15 gallons sump.

never saw a spike in ammonia or nitrite but did see a bit of nitrate (5ppm) Have had the live rock for a little over 2 months now and added the fish 2 weeks ago tomorrow.
all is well - I do have some hitchhikers, feather duster and I think some barnacles and more life coming in all the time - hopefully not bad ones !!! but we are good for now !
thanks!

Isabelle

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back