Adding two dog faces together?

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5ish inch normal white spotted dog face and want to add a Stars and Stripes puffer from my girlfriends tank and that puffer is only 2 1/2 inches I’m wondering if this is a DO NOT ATTEMPT or a “you could try it and it MIGHT work” this is in a four foot by two foot by two foot hundred gallon with tons of live rock. this isn’t the permanent tank I’m getting a 7x2 1/2 set up for these guys within the next year max. I have egg crate to add to the tank to make a wall to seperate them if things go badly and when introducing initially to see if they fight through it or show aggressiveness. Would you try?

IMG_5371.jpeg IMG_5408.jpeg

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5ish inch normal white spotted dog face and want to add a Stars and Stripes puffer from my girlfriends tank and that puffer is only 2 1/2 inches I’m wondering if this is a DO NOT ATTEMPT or a “you could try it and it MIGHT work” this is in a four foot by two foot by two foot hundred gallon with tons of live rock. this isn’t the permanent tank I’m getting a 7x2 1/2 set up for these guys within the next year max. I have egg crate to add to the tank to make a wall to seperate them if things go badly and when introducing initially to see if they fight through it or show aggressiveness. Would you try?

IMG_5371.jpeg IMG_5408.jpeg
But if it’s a total heck no I have a 55 gallon for the Stars and Stripes he can stay in until he needs moved to a bigger system. No big deal, just curious on thoughts.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely going to be fine, introduce when you have alot of time to observe them. Any angst would be a building escalation not an all out death battle right from the start, so you do have time to halt anything if it gets out of hand. I have seen same species get out of hand with each other, likely 2 males in a tank too small. I have seen the Arothron nigropunctatus live peacefully with a Arothron hispidus, and a 200g tank should be fine.

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely going to be fine, introduce when you have alot of time to observe them. Any angst would be a building escalation not an all out death battle right from the start, so you do have time to halt anything if it gets out of hand. I have seen same species get out of hand with each other, likely 2 males in a tank too small. I have seen the Arothron nigropunctatus live peacefully with a Arothron hispidus, and a 200g tank should be fine.
awesome ty for the reply. ill give it a shot and grow them out in the 4x2 for a bit then move them to a tank im gonna build thats 7x2 1/2.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back