Adding WXM for MP40s

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past two months I have had my MP40s connected to my energy and controlling them using the knob on the front. I purchased the WXM today and followed the instructions to setup two of the pumps. Should I have deleted my old tiles and configurations first? I now have two sets of tiles for the pumps. Will these conflict with each other?

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past two months I have had my MP40s connected to my energy and controlling them using the knob on the front. I purchased the WXM today and followed the instructions to setup two of the pumps. Should I have deleted my old tiles and configurations first? I now have two sets of tiles for the pumps. Will these conflict with each other?
I would delete the energy bar program , which you can free up now and use for something else and just let the wxm control it

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WXM will program them, the physical EB outlet they still need to be plugged into. You can set them as "always" so they are just always on in that outlet.

If you ever need to physically turn them off, you would do that via the outlet on the EB not the WXM.

Of course if you don't have them plugged into an EB, you can delete the physical outlet programming.

OP
OP
S

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WXM will program them, the physical EB outlet they still need to be plugged into. You can set them as "always" so they are just always on in that outlet.

If you ever need to physically turn them off, you would do that via the outlet on the EB not the WXM.

Of course if you don't have them plugged into an EB, you can delete the physical outlet programming.
Ok so I should leave both sets of these alone?

vortechs.png

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I should leave both sets of these alone?

vortechs.png
The 7_1 and the 7_2 are the physical outlets. If you leave your MP's plugged in there, then they need to be set as "always" so they are always on.

The VortechtopR, and vortechleft are from the WXM, and is where you would set your programming(reefcrest, antisync, nutrient, etc).

OP
OP
S

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 7_1 and the 7_2 are the physical outlets. If you leave your MP's plugged in there, then they need to be set as "always" so they are always on.

The VortechtopR, and vortechleft are from the WXM, and is where you would set your programming(reefcrest, antisync, nutrient, etc).

The VortechtopR, and vortechleft are what I renamed the physical outlets to. The 7_1 and 7_2 were just added by the WXM tile.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The VortechtopR, and vortechleft are what I renamed the physical outlets to. The 7_1 and 7_2 were just added by the WXM tile.
Ok my bad. I assumed the 7_1 and 7_2 were the physical. Then just do what I said using the correct outlets.

OP
OP
S

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my bad. I assumed the 7_1 and 7_2 were the physical. Then just do what I said using the correct outlets.

So I'll just set VortechtopR, and vortechleft to:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

and then remove the tile since it is not really needed.

Does that sound correct?

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'll just set VortechtopR, and vortechleft to:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

and then remove the tile since it is not really needed.

Does that sound correct?
That’s really up to you, if you leave them on the apex eb I would just program set on
I personally always use the "always" instead of "advanced" for stuff that just needs to be on.

You can put the feed mode in the WXM programming. Better to turn them to 0, instead of off, and on all the time during a feed mode.

You can also program a nutrient mode after your feed mode to kick all pumps on to 100% to help remove excess waste and push it down the overflow.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see no particular advantage to using up a pair of energy bar outlets since the wireless WXM control can still turn them on and off.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see no particular advantage to using up a pair of energy bar outlets since the wireless WXM control can still turn them on and off.
Now if only the WXM would supply power as well. One could get rid of the extra plugs and free up 2 outlets on an EB. Unless your like me with no where else to plug them in, and use the "extension cord" I posted above and only waste 1 outlet on the EB.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 56 41.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 9.0%
Back