Additional food source for Nerites/Astraeas?

Avengerx77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Messages
183
Reaction score
57
Location
Costa Rica
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought about 9 Nerites and 3 Astraeas on my 60gal tank to help control Diatoms and to be part of my CuC. Seems that my diatoms has died off/eaten quite well to a point I am concern that my snails might not be getting enough food. I tried to put some Nori the other day at night but was not touched at all, so I retired in the morning. Is there anything I can provide them to supplement their food intake?
 
they both will continue to consume film algae, and algae on your rock work. what other CUC do you have?
 
Only those and a Cleaner Shrimp. Eventually would like to add some Nassarius when they become available where I live. I am also leaving my back glass uncleaned in case that helps.
 
Only those and a Cleaner Shrimp. Eventually would like to add some Nassarius when they become available where I live. I am also leaving my back glass uncleaned in case that helps.
you should be fine with those being your only CUC in that 60G.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new