OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my guess he's just trolling... what he claims is just not possible. you have to dose at least alk, ca and mg. the rest is up to the reefer how to maintain it. if he wasnt trolling he wouldnt have played the "im a doctor" card, shown pictures of the tank and answered questions directly
No I am NOT Trolling. I own a Private Medical company involved in research and Due to Patent protection the board of trustees will not allow for pics of the lab and tank setups. Sorry you are so mistrusting of my posts, I wish you luck.

Hats_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i still fail to see how the whole medical company thing has anything to do with reefing. all i know is this post is misleading and can cause a lot of people who just start out with the hobby troubles with their animals. most of your claims are with no substance or clearly wrong.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kept reef and marine tank for 35 years ongoing: NEVER ADDED a single supllement only relied on water changes, Never HAD one issue with My corals ever, then why so many SNAKEOIL supplements on the market? Who buys and uses them? What am i missing? Brightwell has like 30 plus supplements!

Supplementing alk and calcium by supplement is always far cheaper than doing so by water change, unless you are doing the water changes for other reasons.

Water changes only work for alk and calcium is the new salt water is much higher in both than the aquarium.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I am NOT Trolling. I own a Private Medical company involved in research and Due to Patent protection the board of trustees will not allow for pics of the lab and tank setups. Sorry you are so mistrusting of my posts, I wish you luck.
Even if we believe you, what are the chances that those tanks are full of just surviving brown softcorals, sponges etc with interesting biochemicals in them, and not rainbow colored stony corals that actually grow?

The numbers just don't work out if you say you do weekly water changes. 50% waterchange daily at least, if not 100% or more.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry need evidence here

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i still fail to see how the whole medical company thing has anything to do with reefing. all i know is this post is misleading and can cause a lot of people who just start out with the hobby troubles with their animals. most of your claims are with no substance or clearly wrong.
As I STATED Do what you feel works for you. As a Private research Facility involved with a Major Complex and cancer research we do Not post pics of Our research and Our lab. I agree with Randy Holmes Farley as I respect his opinion as he is a scientist. You Sir However are OUT of line with your accusations and I will no longer post on this forum which I believe is to promote Harmony and ideas NOT Belligerent accusations and dispersions. Have a Nice day.

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously? I have many patents, have been to court as an expert witness in patent cases, and have worked for a variety of medical research (pharma) companies for the past 40 years.

There is no possible way that taking a picture of an aquarium in an office has any bearing on a medical patent case unless the aquarium has patentable objects in it.

You OWN the company, and yet you let the board dictate a nonsensical policy like that?
Two of the Board members are co owners and Yes we do have patents in Medical research pending and OurLawyers advise NOT to Post pics on this website, Sorry. I trust I have answered your questions. Our Physicians , my co owners and OUR Company Lawyers have advised against it on a Hobbyist Forum.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kept reef and marine tank for 35 years ongoing: NEVER ADDED a single supllement only relied on water changes, Never HAD one issue with My corals ever, then why so many SNAKEOIL supplements on the market? Who buys and uses them? What am i missing? Brightwell has like 30 plus supplements!

I was dosing supplements 20+ years ago by Kent and others so I know they have been around awhile. I agree to the point that the market is so oversaturated with products that it is difficult for hobbyists let alone newer hobbyists to pick the right one.

The main issue I have is with all of the 'proprietary' blends that you see on the labels or lack there of. They say it is to cover up their secret formula but if I had to guess it's to cover up carbonates listed as a super duper secret break through alkalinity booster.

No complaints here with the availability of the supplements. As we progress in the hobby I am happy to see things available to us that weren't before. Now whether you need them that is up to your system. My biggest issue is I wish they would list the ingredients so you really know what you are putting into your system.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of the Board members are co owners and Yes we do have patents in Medical research pending and OurLawyers advise NOT to Post pics on this website, Sorry. I trust I have answered your questions. Our Physicians , my co owners and OUR Company Lawyers have advised against it on a Hobbyist Forum.

OK, I do not doubt they suggested it. I only question the rationale for it.

Have you ever measured the alkalinity in the aquarium?

That is the bellweather that dosing might be useful.

Hats_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I STATED Do what you feel works for you. As a Private research Facility involved with a Major Complex and cancer research we do Not post pics of Our research and Our lab. I agree with Randy Holmes Farley as I respect his opinion as he is a scientist. You Sir However are OUT of line with your accusations and I will no longer post on this forum which I believe is to promote Harmony and ideas NOT Belligerent accusations and dispersions. Have a Nice day.
I am out of line? I usually dont play this card cause i think it is an authoritarian argument, as a marine researcher myself i tend to call out misinfromation. so i think you just anwered the question you ask in the title of your thread to be the latter

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I do not doubt they suggested it. I only question the rationale for it.
Thanks for your reply. I was Not trying to be confrontational with anyone especially Not expecting to set off a FIRESTORM. Sadly As a MEDICAL DOCTOR and An aquarist I will No longer post on this forum as I have noticed an increasing environment by some people to be hostile and ignorant. I do NOT experience this on another forum so I will end my input here.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am out of line? I usually dont play this card cause i think it is an authoritarian argument, as a marine researcher myself i tend to call out misinfromation. so i think you just anwered the question you ask in the title of your thread to be the latter
I'll HAVE you know I have been in this hobby for 83 years and I have NEVER used saltwater for my reef aquariums, I just use the water straight from the tap (I can't show you pictures because of my company) it's all a cash grab by big reef hobby to steal your hard earnt money! and I too am a VERY important science man that works on all the marine issues in the world and OWN 6 awards for excellence in my field of research! /s

Hats_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll HAVE you know I have been in this hobby for 83 years and I have NEVER used saltwater for my reef aquariums, I just use the water straight from the tap (I can't show you pictures because of my company) it's all a cash grab by big reef hobby to steal your hard earnt money! and I too am a VERY important science man that works on all the marine issues in the world and OWN 6 awards for excellence in my field of research! /s
stop it lol im already dying of laughter

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the coffee streaming out of my nostrils...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back