Adjustable PVC Elbows

Harrison Gordon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working and reworking my plumbing for the past few months (its taken a toll on my pocket) but I thought of a way that I could change filter socks really easily. However, it would require an adjustable PVC elbow. I have seen some from Formufit, but they are obviously not for plumbing. I can think of a few ways that it could be made as a decent product, but have not seen anything on the internet about it.
Do any of you happen to know if this product exists, and is just not available at your local hardware store?

Thanks!

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean like the under the sink traps that have an adjustable height? Or like adjustable elbows like this:

http://www.oceansmotions.com/product-category/accessories/

omniflex-1.5.jpg

OP
OP
H

Harrison Gordon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's actually pretty cool. But I'm more thinking something that bends from straight to a90 degree angle.
However what would also be cool is pipe that collapses into itself like a tripod leg does without losing seal.
If that doesn't exist I could maybe use some really flexible tubing but that could be finicky.

OP
OP
H

Harrison Gordon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have unions already. I'll check out the telescopic ones.
I think if I have a quick and easy way to to it more so than unions I will be more diligent about changing.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guessing the pipes drop right down into the socks making them tough to remove?

That's one thing I love about my Fiji cube is that the pipe drop into a small chamber then overflow with onto a plate that holds the socks

OP
OP
H

Harrison Gordon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's pretty nice. I've been kind of thinking about doing it that way but I would worry about noise then.
Right now my pipes go all he way towards the bottom of my sump, and I have a reverse durso on one. The sock fits over both of them at once, but to replace the sock I have to shut off my filtration and flush out the pipes, then I can undo the unions.

I'm gonna think a little more about modifying my sump to be like that. What would it take--some plexiglass cuts, a massive drill bit and some silicone?

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3c387667f1bad6e0ab776e655c5b5a21.jpg

My bean animal flows into a 20 gallon and then with one drain into this sock holder. When two fill up it flows over into the second set of sock. And then I change the first. This was no overflow if they fill up

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back