Advice for freight inspection

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting my first aquarium delivery in the coming weeks and with zero experience I have absolutely no idea what to expect other than a big heavy wooden box. I understand that I should defiantly inspect everything before signing for it, any advice on what tools/methods I need to make it happen as fast as possible? I want to avoid ticking off the driver but also need to make sure nothings wrong so I don't get stuck with the bill for a broken aquarium/stand.

Also if I ask the guy to bring it in my garage instead of the curb, should I tip? If so how much?

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check carton for damage if any is noted have the driver write it on the bill of lading before you sign. I would completely un-crate the entire contents as the driver waits and check for damage. If they are unwilling to wait you can refuse shipment. If they move it to your garage I would consider a tip. You might need a screw gun, flat bar, carton knife, hammer, and tin snips or heavy duty wire cutters if it is metal banded. Use care and don't cut deep with the knife to avoid damage. Ask the tank seller for a list of needed items to open the crate since they packaged it. Any damage is noted on the bill of lading before you sign. If the contents are quite damaged refuse the shipment and return it to the shipper.
Use you phone camera to record any damage of course.

OP
OP
Vested

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check carton for damage if any is noted have the driver write it on the bill of lading before you sign. I would completely un-crate the entire contents as the driver waits and check for damage. If they are unwilling to wait you can refuse shipment. If they move it to your garage I would consider a tip. You might need a screw gun, flat bar, carton knife, hammer, and tin snips or heavy duty wire cutters if it is metal banded. Use care and don't cut deep with the knife to avoid damage. Ask the tank seller for a list of needed items to open the crate since they packaged it. Any damage is noted on the bill of lading before you sign. If the contents are quite damaged refuse the shipment and return it to the shipper.
Use you phone camera to record any damage of course.
Thanks for the reply, I'll defiantly send an email and figure out how they packaged it and what I'll need exactly. And if the package is damaged at all just make sure its documented but still sign for it and reach out to shipper?

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply, I'll defiantly send an email and figure out how they packaged it and what I'll need exactly. And if the package is damaged at all just make sure its documented but still sign for it and reach out to shipper?
Don't sign unless you think the contents are undamaged.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back