Advice for MUST see stinger tentacles?!?

Reef Puncher

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Messages
801
Reaction score
444
Location
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just lost a goniopora to coral warfare. A beautiful Goni of mine apparently has the longest stinger tentacles I have ever seen. They are seriously 10x longer than its normal tentacles. They are so long that I can’t have anything even remotely close to him. But I am out of room in my tank and no where to move him too. I’m worried he is gonna kill more gonioporas I have in the area.
Are my choices lose corals or seriously to give him away? He’s beautiful.

Can I cut the longest tentacles? Would that kill him or really hurt him? I think he would survive right?

I have a pic and a video.
20250606_092505.png


 
Wow!
I would highly recommend not cutting those sweepers! Are you able to make a partition out of egg crate to keep the sweepers away from other corals? You could move it to a different area of the tank where the flow pushes the tentacles a different direction. Place it by a rock so the sweepers can't extend as far... plenty of options but do not cut the sweepers, you will kill the goni.
 
Woah! That’s crazy! Following!
 
Wow!
I would highly recommend not cutting those sweepers! Are you able to make a partition out of egg crate to keep the sweepers away from other corals? You could move it to a different area of the tank where the flow pushes the tentacles a different direction. Place it by a rock so the sweepers can't extend as far... plenty of options but do not cut the sweepers, you will kill the goni.
not much room to move him anywhere BUT, in that video you can see a big rock i can maybe stuff him in the cave kinda. maybe that will work. ill try that first. are you sure cutting a tentacle will kill him? i have seen people frag goni and cut them in half.
 
Woah! That’s crazy! Following!
yea its the longest ive ever seen. and i have seen some long hammer and favia tentacles but to be like 12x longer than its others tentacles is insane.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new