Advice needed

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I could use opinions. I recently purchased a used skimmer from a FB group (a bubble magus curve 7 elite). Unfortunately usps did a number on the package and the skimmer body is busted with a hole in it.

Experience with the seller has been good, he apologized and said he would call usps and bubble magus on Monday. He also packed it well, bubble wrapped with lots of foam and shredded paper in the box. Unfortunately I don't think extra insurance was added and the standard insurance is only $50-100.

I emailed bubble magus today hoping the seller or I can purchase a new body at a reasonable price. Am I just SOL here?

Last edited:

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is getting it replaced is going to be depentant on the generousity of the manufacturer and the guy you bought it from. But repairing it shouldn't be too much of a problem. You can use either acrylic or polycarbonate and Weld-on #3, #4, #16 or #40 (it doesn't have to be pretty).

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think the USPS insurance will go to the seller. So I don't think you will know how much he will get that. Then it depend on him to give you some refund back.
I wouldn't think you can return that and ask for a full refund? If the seller is ok with that, I would do that

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How busted? I'd try to fix it because you're probably SoL

OP
OP
JCM

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is getting it replaced is going to be depentant on the generousity of the manufacturer and the guy you bought it from. But repairing it shouldn't be too much of a problem. You can use either acrylic or polycarbonate and Weld-on #3, #4, #16 or #40 (it doesn't have to be pretty).

Yeah, I'm sure I can fix it enough to be serviceable.

Any chance you were Tcmfish on another popular forum?

OP
OP
JCM

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How busted? I'd try to fix it because you're probably SoL
20210313_131756.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back