Advice on connecting powerbars and doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I just purchased from another reefer an old profilux 3.1ex and 2 non-PAB power bars and an original three head doser unit. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but what is the best way to connect these? I know I only have two s ports and here I have three devices that use them, would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

OP
OP
F

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if some knowledgeable profilux user could comment on this? Can you daisy chain non- PAB power bars by s-ports? If so, is there some trick to assigning the sockets afterwards? Or do you link the doser off one of the power bars?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which non-PAB powerbar do you have? There were a couple options back then...

OP
OP
F

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which non-PAB powerbar do you have? There were a couple options back then...
It is this one

20200928_233906.jpg 20200928_233902.jpg

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those 2 powerbars and the dosing pump can be daisy chained. The setup process for these legacy devices is very different from the current PAB devices and therefore have more steps involved. Follow these steps closely and you'll be connected in a few minutes.

Here's how to get those connected:

1. Connect to your controller and go to the Switch channel settings page
2. At the bottom of the page, enable Digital powerbar connected on S1-S4 (outputs 1 - 24) and save settings
3. Connect the first powerbar to the S1-S4 port
4. Select Program digital powerbar...
5. Select Numbering of digital powerbar
6. Set the numbering to start at 1 and click NEXT
7. Select Program now

Now that the first PB is programmed, disconnect this from the S1-S4 port and connect the second PB. Repeat steps 4 - 7, this time making sure you set the starting socket number to 7.

After the 2nd PB is programmed, connect the doser to the S1-S4 port. Select Program digital powerbar, select Numbering of dosing pump station and set the starting number to 13 and select Program now.

Once the above is done, go ahead and connect the first PB to the S1-S4 port, then connect the 2nd PB to one of the ports on the 1st PB. Connect the doser to the 2nd PB.

You will now have these powerbars controllable on sockets 1-12.

Go back to the Switch channels page and select Socket 13...set this to Dosing pump 1
Go to socket 14...set to Dosing pump 2
Go to socket 15...set to Dosing pump 3
Go to socket 16...set to Dosing pump 4

Save settings.

You can now go to the dosing pump settings page for each dosing pump and create your schedule.

OP
OP
F

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those 2 powerbars and the dosing pump can be daisy chained. The setup process for these legacy devices is very different from the current PAB devices and therefore have more steps involved. Follow these steps closely and you'll be connected in a few minutes.

Here's how to get those connected:

1. Connect to your controller and go to the Switch channel settings page
2. At the bottom of the page, enable Digital powerbar connected on S1-S4 (outputs 1 - 24) and save settings
3. Connect the first powerbar to the S1-S4 port
4. Select Program digital powerbar...
5. Select Numbering of digital powerbar
6. Set the numbering to start at 1 and click NEXT
7. Select Program now

Now that the first PB is programmed, disconnect this from the S1-S4 port and connect the second PB. Repeat steps 4 - 7, this time making sure you set the starting socket number to 7.

After the 2nd PB is programmed, connect the doser to the S1-S4 port. Select Program digital powerbar, select Numbering of dosing pump station and set the starting number to 13 and select Program now.

Once the above is done, go ahead and connect the first PB to the S1-S4 port, then connect the 2nd PB to one of the ports on the 1st PB. Connect the doser to the 2nd PB.

You will now have these powerbars controllable on sockets 1-12.

Go back to the Switch channels page and select Socket 13...set this to Dosing pump 1
Go to socket 14...set to Dosing pump 2
Go to socket 15...set to Dosing pump 3
Go to socket 16...set to Dosing pump 4

Save settings.

You can now go to the dosing pump settings page for each dosing pump and create your schedule.
Thank you so much for your extremely detailed response! I'll give it a try and update the thread when done.

OP
OP
F

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your extremely detailed response! I'll give it a try and update the thread when done.
Though I have run into other problems with my profilux unit since posting this I can confirm that this worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

Back