Advice on new tank crew

Hilltopreef90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
199
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m upgrading to a 90 gallon and I have a few snails that’ll be transferring over once the new aquarium is ready
I’m wanting an assortment of snails that can be added now, the tank has been cycling 4 weeks and beginning to get a light brown dusting of algae and spots on the glass
What types of snails would be advised and how many ?
 
So with a cleanup crew I would always suggest half snails half hermits, for the glass algae nothing better than a turbo snail. Red legged hermits will heat a lot of algae to just make sure you have plenty of empty shells they change shells a lot. I would do 50 snails and 40 hermits for a 90 gallon the website I ordered all mine from is reefcleaners.com totally worth it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new