AEFW?

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is my first go at a 98% SPS tank and the majority of those are acros. I got the stick bug, and am giving it a go. I’m guessing I have about 50 frags in this tank. 80% are doing “ok”, some I can almost watch the growth, I’m pushing the PH up pretty high, but at a cost to alk/cal stability. I’ve got GEO CARX showing up this week and perhaps that will create some flat lines.

I noticed two across that were different from the others that are not doing well (I have 4-5 that are now brown). However, this AM I was looking at one of my problem children and noticed this bug on the base of the Acro. I’m guessing it’s a worm and that would lead me to think AEFW. Which has me disappointed. I dipped with Revive. I actually lost 3 frags during the dipping process, you can see them as the white ones on the racks. I haven’t tossed them as I guess I am paddling up that river called “the Nile” produced DEnial.

I purchased from 4 different vendors over a 2 month span, and I have no clue at this point what came from who or frankly, what is where.

Please see the photos. Only 3-4 frags are glued in place. I am off next week and planned on cutting the stems of the plugs and attaching them in place more permanently. But I may wait and do that as I am adding a hybrid T5 to the XR30G6.

Can I treat the tank? Do I have to redip? I do have 5 fish and a small contingency of snails/inverts.

Tank is 5 months old. Coralline has not taken off obviously due to stability issues probably. But there is coralline, it’s the deepest shade of purple I have seen. My other tank is wildly different. I joke that if I leave my hand in that tank it might turn pink. The coralline is super bright pink in that tank, but this one wicked deep purple.

Using 70 pounds of wet gulf rock really fast forwarded this tank. You’re looking at about the worst of the uglies todate.

IMG_2338.jpeg IMG_2339.jpeg IMG_2340.jpeg IMG_2341.jpeg IMG_2342.jpeg IMG_2343.jpeg IMG_2344.jpeg IMG_2337.jpeg IMG_2335.jpeg

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So my wife started to poke what I think is a worm and she stated that it is super hard. It’s not soft like I was thinking it would be, if it were a worm.

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So my wife started to poke what I think is a worm and she stated that it is super hard. It’s not soft like I was thinking it would be, if it were a worm.
Well, I popped that white thing and noticed things crawling around. I broke out my microscope, but I as I was dropping them on a slide I could tell these were amphipods, like baby ones, but I don’t think that was an amphipod egg, I don’t think those do that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%

Back